403Tech Inc. is comprised of a dynamic group of professionals dedicated to bringing Fortune 500 I.T. solutions to small and mid-sized businesses in Calgary. We understand the distinctive needs of this niche market and has based our business model around providing them with a superior quality IT solution that has been previously out of reach due to cost and personnel factors – a solution that is extremely versatile, scalable to company size, and can be customized to virtually any business sector.
For this position, we are looking for key candidates who possess a strong service/support orientation. The Network Support Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of customer’s internal infrastructures. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
65% – IT Support (Client Resolution)
- Responsible for providing IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as environments built on Citrix, Microsoft and Apple
- Accountable for delivering support services for Microsoft technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve general PC issues that clients may have
- Work collaboratively with peers in order to help solve clients issues in a timely manner
- Liable to ensure that once a ticket has been assigned to you – you must complete the ticket according to SLA standards
- Perform technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Ability to work collaboratively with your team in order to effectively diagnose and repair PC matters
- Implement and perform disaster recovery operations
- Ensure that service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service are being escalated to a greater level
20% – Customer Communication
- Responsible for answering all incoming client calls of non-ticketed problems
- Communicate with clients to keep them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Improve the overall customer experience for our clients
15% – Monitoring Ticket Boards/Documentation
- Responsible for viewing and assigning tickets to the appropriate board
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
- Responsible for ticket documentation to include both system reviews and recommendations
- Maintain logs related to network functions as well as maintenance and repair records
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the requirements listed below:
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Astaro appliances CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Join our team today. Click here to apply online.
Scott Gallupe of 403Tech Discusses Cybersecurity Threats in Business in Calgary Article
The COVID-19 pandemic sent businesses scrambling to pivot from an office-based environment to a remote workforce. A recent issue of Business in Calgary featured 403Tech President Scott Gallupe, who advised on how local businesses can protect their IT systems from cybersecurity threats. He explained that passwords and video collaboration tools are possible entryways for viruses and malware. The article, Alright, Stop, Collaborate and Listen, features several local IT leaders, describes the issues faced by business owners during the pandemic and provides guidance on ways to protect business data from ransomware and other types of cyberattacks.
Learn how 403Tech protects businesses from cybersecurity risks by visiting their website or calling (403) 215-7506.